Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review: Monster High by Lisi Harrison

As I am unable to come up with a good synopsis of my own, here's the one from Goodreads:
   "They prefer to call themselves RAD (Regular Attribute Dodgers), but some call them monsters. So far, the "monster" community has kept a low profile in Salem, but this year two new girls enroll at Merston High School, and the town will never be the same.
Created just fifteen days ago, Frankie Stein is psyched to trade her father's formaldehyde-smelling basement lab for parties and cheerleading. But with a student body totally freaked out by rumors of monsters who might be stalking the halls, Frankie finds that life in the "normie" world can be rough for a chic freak like her.
She thinks she finds a friend in fellow new student Melody Carver--but can a normie be trusted with her big secret?"
    I'm not gonna lie: I only picked up this book because when I saw a vampire Barbie (Draculaura) in Walmart, I was blown away. No, that is not an exaggeration. It was like someone had finally answered my dreams. And then I found out there was a book and I had to read it, even if I knew it wasn't gonna be amazing....boy, was I surprised. It turns out that the plot has a fast start and a gripping, page-turning awesome that no one could have expected. The characters are ones you'll come to love. With a great lead in to the next book, but still a satisfying ending, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the next book!
              256 pages, young adult
    Level of Romance: Isn't high school always about romance?
    Rating : 5 out of 5

No comments: