Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenges

Today is Monday 11 July 2011, the first day of the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon hosted by these lovely blogs:
             http://www.readingangel.com/
             http://www.candacesbookblog.com/
           http://www.pureimaginationblog.com/
Part of the Read-a-Thon is to participate in at least one mini-challenge. This morning two were released. The can be found at The Musings of Almybnenr . I already submitted my entry this morning and I must say, that was a fun and interesting challenge. But it was slightly difficult, making it all the more excitign.

The second challenge for the day was from IB Book Blogging . It involves answering a few questions, so here they are.
    Mini Challenge Question 1:What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)?
My favorite type of mythology is by far Egyptian. I think this lays its roots in the Mummy movies starring Brendan Fraser. My mom was in love with those movies and they were perpetually on repeat in my house as a child. Even to this day, i love those movies and anything that is about Egyptian mythology. But more recently i've become interested in Greek mythology due, for the most part, to the Percy Jackson Series.

Mini Challenge Question 2:What is your favorite book with some type of mythology in it?
I haven't read many books about or containing mythology, although it is a growing trend in Young Adult literature. But I suppose every fantasy or sci-fi or paranormal book has some element based on a myth or legend datign abck hundreds of years. But I'll go with a few books that I am in the process of reading:
      The Alchemyst by Michael Scott and Percy Jackson andthe Olypians: the Lightning Thief 
    

    I'll be keeping ya'll posted,
            <3 Marriah

No comments: